Scientific Software Developer
Transportation professionals around the world rely on INRO software to plan the urban, metropolitan and national movement of people and to help shape the future of mobility. INRO is an internationally recognized leader in software for travel forecasting, transportation planning, traffic simulation and mobility analytics.
INRO is looking for a software engineer with a scientific and computational background to join our R&D team and to develop agent-based simulation and modelling features in our state-of-the-art mobility modelling software. The position is located in Montreal (Westmount), Quebec, in a vibrant, walkable neighborhood (94 walkscore) with multimodal transport access.
- Assess requirements and research
- Analyze, develop and validate computational and mathematical models
- Run benchmarks and computational tests
- Strong coding skills in C++ or equivalent
- Mathematical models
- Master’s in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Canadian citizenship or work authorization
- Ability to relocate to Montreal
- Fluency in French or English
Highly Desired Qualifications
- PhD in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or equivalent
- Expertise in developing scientific or computationally intensive software
- Foundation in one of optimization, statistics/machine learning, simulation, distributed computing or traffic flow theory
- Professional written English (academic journals, presentations)
Click the link below and include your resumé, LinkedIn, or GitHub profile, links to previous relevant work including presentations, papers or projects, and a note explaining why you’re interested in this role.
INRO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make sure that you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.